To register with Oswald Road Medical Centre please download the three forms below and submit to the practice. You will be required to attend the practice for a New Patient Medical with the Practice Nurse.
GMS1 Registration Form
New Patient Questionnaire
When you register with this Practice you will be asked to complete a short questionnaire (which is confidential), and undertake a simple health check with the practice Nurse at a convenient time. As we are required to record this information when you join the practice, we will not be able to register you unless you have been seen in person. Also, when you register with the practice you will be asked if you wish to share care with other NHS agencies.
Please advise Reception if you have any Communication Needs that need to be taken into account regarding your care / how the practice can contact you
Providing us with your mobile phone number will allow the practice to send out Appointment reminders and other Ad-hoc messages relating to your care at the practice to your phone.
If you do not wish to receive these messages – please inform Reception.
It is your responsibility to inform the Practice of any change to your mobile phone number.
All patients have a named accountable GP who has overall responsibility for the care and support that our surgery provides to you. This does not prevent you from seeing any GP in the practice as you currently do. Please enquire at reception if you would like to know which GP is your named GP.
Out of area registration:
New arrangements introduced from January 2015 give people greater choice when choosing a GP practice. Patients may approach any GP practice, even if they live outside the practice area, to see if they will be accepted on to the patient list.
GP practices have always had the ability to accept patients who live outside their practice area. Regardless of distance from the practice, the practice would still provide a home visit if clinically necessary.
The new arrangements mean GP practices now have the option to register patients who live outside the practice area but without any obligation to provide home visits.
Out of area registration (with or without home visits) is voluntary for GP practices meaning patients may be refused because they live out of area.
If your application is considered the GP practice will only register you without home visits if it is clinically appropriate and practical in your individual case.
To do this we may:
- Ask you or the practice you are currently registered with questions about your health to help decide whether to register you in this way
- Ask you questions about why it is practical for you to attend this practice(for example, how many days during the week you would normally be able to attend)
- If accepted, you will attend the practice and receive the full range of services provided as normal at the surgery. If you have an urgent care need and the surgery cannot help you at home we may ask you to call NHS 111 and they will put you in touch with a local service (this may be a face to face appointment with a local healthcare professional or a home visit where necessary).
- We may decide that it is not in your best interests or practical for you to be registered in this way. In these circumstances we may offer you registration with home visits, for Classification: Official example, if you live just outside the practice area or we may not register you and advise you should seek to register (or remain registered) with a more local practice.
- If accepted but your health needs change we may review your registration to see if it would be more appropriate for you to be registered with a GP practice closer to your home.
- This new arrangement only applies to GP practices and patients who live in England. For further information visit the NHS Choices website (www.nhs.uk)