All parents can access support regarding caring for their babies from their midwife, health visitor or children’s centre. For more details on infant mental health and the support available, go to www.northlincs.gov.uk/people-health-and-care/infant-mental-health
Perinatal mental health support - Having a baby is a major life event for mums and dads, and it’s natural to experience a range of emotions during and after pregnancy. But if these feelings start to have an impact on day-to-day life, it’s time to talk to someone. Talk with a professional such as your GP, Midwife or Health Visitor. Click here for more information.
New website and app to support children and young people
A brand new website and an app called Life Central were launched on 14 October to offer emotional health and wellbeing support for children and young people across North Lincolnshire.
The website, www.life-central.org and app will provide children and young people with a range of information and support including eating well, bullying, exam stress, sexual health and internet safety.
Not only is the website for children and young people, it will provide targeted information and support for parents and carers, and professionals.
Life Central aims to:
- Empower young people with the provision of information in a young person friendly format to help them help themselves
- Promote self-esteem, good mental wellbeing and resilience and identify positive action to support good mental health and well being
- Offer advice and support to prevent mental health problems from becoming deep-rooted and arising by taking early action with children and young people and empowering parents, carers and professionals
- Help with early identification so children and young people are supported as soon as problems happen to prevent more serious problems developing
- Increase the awareness of mental health issues to address myths and stigma
- Signpost children and young people, and their families to the right services
- Provide a go-to resource for parents and carers to support their understanding of mental health and wellbeing of their children, offering reassurance about what to expect as their children grow
Life Central is a joint initiative between North Lincolnshire Council and North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), and is part of a wider children’s mental health transformation programme.
Research shows that nationally 50 per cent of mental health problems are established by aged 14 and 75 per cent by aged 24 with 20 per cent of adolescents likely to experience a mental health problem in any given year.
Supporting Children and young people who have been bereaved in North Lincolnshire
Click here for an information leaflet (PDF, 184KB)